Anthony Severino was born and raised in Tampa and is a 2003 graduate of Jesuit High School. He attended the University of South Florida where he earned his bachelor’s degree in finance. While at the University of South Florida, Anthony was a five-year participant on the varsity football team. In 2011, Anthony graduated from the Florida State University College of Law and, in October 2011, he joined Bajo | Cuva | Cohen | Turkel.
Anthony focuses his practice on business litigation, admiralty and maritime law, and employment law in both state and federal court. In addition, Anthony represents clients in the sports and entertainment industry and has experience prosecuting and defending class action claims and personal injury matters.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of South Florida College of Business, B.S., Cum Laude, 2007
- Major: Finance
- Varsity Football, 2003-2008
- National Football Foundation Scholar Athlete Award, 2008
- USF Scholar Athlete Award, 2007
- Big East All-Academic 1st Team, 2006-2007
- Conference USA All-Academic 1st Team, 2005
- USF Green and Gold Pride Award, 2005
- Florida, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
Professional Memberships and Activities
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Leadership Institute, Participant, 2014
- Tort, Trial and Insurance Practice Section, American Bar Association
- TIPS Leadership Academy, 2017
- Vice-Chair of Business Litigation and Admiralty and Maritime Committees
- The Propeller Club Port of Tampa
Notable Client Work
- Represented Rolls-Royce Commercial Marine, Inc. in federal jury trial involving claims for Breach of Express/Implied Warranties and Violation of Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, October 2014 – Mount Sage, Ltd. v. Rolls-Royce Commercial Marine Inc., 635 F. App’x 833 (11th Cir. 2016).
- Obtained dismissal of Federal Declaratory Judgment action against Jones Act seaman – Emerald Marine Holdings, Ltd. v. Anderson, No. 8:16-CV-2152-T-27AEP, 2017 WL 1603848 (M.D. Fla. Apr. 28, 2017).
- Obtained favorable ruling before the Florida Department of Transportation’s Commercial Motor Vehicle Review Board for environmental services company.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of utility company in action for personal injuries.
- Obtained a confidential settlement agreement on behalf of individual against classic car dealership.
- Represented diesel engine manufacturer in case involving breach of warranty and Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act claims.
- Negotiated exclusive distributorship for clients in medical device sales industry.
- Berkeley Preparatory School, Assistant Football Coach, 2012 to present
- Chamberlain High School, Assistant Football Coach, 2011