Shane is a Board Certified trial attorney specializing in Business Litigation. He is one of only 25 attorneys in Tampa and 250 attorneys in the State of Florida with this certification, which recognizes an attorney as an expert in an area of law based on special knowledge, skills and proficiency, as well as professionalism and ethics in practice.
Shane was born and raised in Tampa. His dedication and competitive nature are reflected in his accomplishments throughout high school, college, law school and 15 years practicing law.
Shane graduated from Chamberlain High School in 1992, where he excelled in the classroom and on the basketball court. He earned numerous academic awards, garnered unanimous first team all-conference honors twice, scored over 1,000 career points, and was named Hillsborough County Basketball Player of the Year.
His academic and athletic success continued at Eckerd College in Saint Petersburg, where he was named to the Sunshine State Conference All-Freshman Team and competed in the NCAA Division II Men’s Basketball National Tournament, before graduating cum laude in 1996 with a double major in political science and sociology.
Shane graduated second in his class, magna cum laude, from Stetson College of Law in 1999, while earning recognition for public service and excellence in trial skills. He was awarded the William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award and Victor O’Wehle Trial Advocacy Award, as well as book awards in Trial Advocacy, Civil Procedure, and Criminal Procedure.
Shane focuses his practice on trial work, complex business litigation and Privacy and Media Litigation, and has successfully tried cases before judges, juries and arbitration panels over his fifteen-year career. Shane is also AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell and was named a Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star.
Shane spends his free time with his wife, Marcie, and four daughters. Their family is actively involved in the Future Farmers of America raising beef cattle. They are also avid country music and Tampa Bay Rays fans.
- Business Litigation, 2015
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 1999
- Eckerd College, B.A., Cum Laude, 1996
- Major: Political Science and Sociology
Awards and Recognition
- Florida Plaintiff’s Attorney of 2016 by Courtroom View Network
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2012-2013
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
Notable Client Work
- Obtained record jury verdict of 140 million dollars against media entity for violation of privacy based on non-consensual publication of surreptitiously recorded sex tape of a celebrity client.
- Successfully blocked a temporary injunction and obtained a dismissal of case filed by Don King against “Sugar” Shane Mosley, which tried to stop a pay-per-view boxing match against Ricardo Mayorga.
- Obtained jury verdict for zero liability for real estate developer facing fraud and misrepresentation claims in excess of $1 million
- Represented defrauded business partners in week-long jury trial of multi-million-dollar lawsuit involving sale of mobile home park in Bradenton, Florida.
- Obtained fraud judgment for father and son business in lawsuit involving satellite tracking systems and manufacturing and sale of power systems.
- Obtained defense verdict for small family church in week-long jury trial in lawsuit seeking millions in damages following altercation.
- Represented condominium association in lawsuit against contractor and construction business for breach of contract and deceptive and unfair trade practices, resulting in summary judgment for damages and fees.
- Prosecuted malpractice claims against professional guardian and attorneys for failing to protect multi-million-dollar estate of elderly dairy heiress from undue influence and exploitation.
- Represented marketing agent in lawsuit involving unpaid commissions, non-competition, and restrictive covenants against national medical clinic franchisor.
- Represented international mining corporation in lawsuit involving reclamation of mine and contractual dispute over mining operations.
- Obtained dismissal of toxic tort lawsuit against utility company seeking over $150 million and punitive damages.
Published Works and Lectures
- Panel speaker, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles 34th Annual Conference, Master Speaker Session – “American Justice: Notable Civil Trials – The Inside Story” (September 2016)
- Panel speaker, The Florida Bar Convention Media Law Conference, “The Privacy Machine v. The Press” (June 2016)
- Future Farmers of America